Monday, March 21, 2016

Chinese Essays & Responses

Author's Note
I am willing to share the essays part of the correspondence on my blog, but not so much the letters. I've written some personal stuff that I'm not comfortable with everyone knowing about. Instead, Ms. Fraser, I'll share the emails that I've sent and received on some Google docs with you. Thank you!

Also, I am in communication with three different students, so I have some different essays, and I'm not sure all of the essays have been sent to me. Also, perhaps I'll get around to retyping this all up so it's in the same format as my blog, but still in the same way they sent it to me.

Tianna
Dear Tianna,

I'm curious as to why clocks mean too much for you? And I'm not sure what my special friend from my childhood would be. I think it might be stuffed rabbit, but it just sits in my closet now. 
That was truly a wonderful story. I love how even though it wasn't yours, you still loved it and took care of it like it was. I'm sorry to hear that it broke when it was removed from the wall. Did you have the glass fixed, or is it still broken? Did it remind you of the story of Cinderella because of how she had to be home at midnight or else the fairy godmother's wish would be reversed? Or is your version different than the fairy tale I know? And, I'm curious as to why you used staring instead of its base word stare in the phrase your brother used. 
I thank you very much for letting me read this story of yours, and telling me about this piece of your life. The clock sounds very beautiful, and I don't doubt why it is a very special item to you.

Sincerely, Ryn

hi,Hyn
Today I'd love to tell you a story of a clock.
Author's Note:
Everyone has a special friend in your childhood.It may be a doll ,a toy train or a card .For me it is a clock. Those mean too much for us . i believe you have your own friend.
It is the witness of my parents' marriage for it came to my family when they married.It used to be brand-new and delicate with golden side surrounded.As the most precious object in my childhood,I always stared at it and imagined about the story of Cinderell.
However one day when I was teaching my little brother about Chinese history,we quarrelled with each other."Why are you so foolish!"I was very angry and yelled at him .Then he also became furious and shouted,"You did nothing but staring at the clock all day!"At that time my mom came in ."What happened?"she asked.I said,"This bad boy is stupid and know nothing."My brother burst out crying.I have to apologize to him.But I stopped my crazy love to the clock.I no longer cleaned it every day.Gradually it looked a little dirty and old.My brother also gradually grew up.But I didn't find that happiness anymore.
Until one day,we had to move.It may be the 15th year that the clock came.When my dad removed it from the wall,he didn't catch it and the clock dropped down.Its surface is destroyed and the whole glass broken flying anywhere.I looked as if my heart broken.The clock brought me a lot of memories.It means a lot to me .It is my best friend who gave me beautiful dream as a little girl.I suddenly burst out crying.My mom gave me a hug and said,"my love,it will never die and be together with you all the time." And I fortunately found that it was still working!
Though it is now no longer beautiful and new,what my mom said is true.It has been with me for a long time.It is older than me. I believe that it will be together with me all the time. 

love from,
Tianna.

Christine
Dear Christine,

Your bracelet sounds very beautiful, and I'm sure it is a lovely personal possession. I too have a similar token, but it is an arrow ring that I've had to stop wearing as the silver paint has been wearing off. 
I have a few questions I'd like to ask you about your story, if you wouldn't mind answering them for me. What were the things about your boyfriend that attracted you to him? And I'm curious as to why you chose the term 'tightly' to describe how you were attracted to him, and also wondering about the placement of 'out' in when you describe how your bracelet feels in the last paragraph. 
I'm glad you guys talk through your problems. I agree with you, communication is key in relationships, and holding stuff back from your significant other will never end well; I know from experience. 
The power of love certainly is capable of many things, and I'm very grateful that you have shared this story with me. Thank you.

Author's note:
I choose the bracelet as the most important in my life, because it cheers me up when I am in bad mood and it reminds me that I couldn't lose myself no matter what tough situation I have been through. The most important point is that it makes me understand the meaning of love.
                                                            Bracelet of Love
Everyone may have some important objects in their life, and I am no exception. I choose one of the important objects of mine and I'd like to share it with you. It's a sliver bracelet, a thin and light bracelet. And it is connected by twenty one heart-shaped sliver objects.
The bracelet is a gift, and boyfriend gave it to me on my eighteenth birthday.I still remembered that day, was a pretty warm and sunny day. We sat on the bench on campus and talked. Suddenly, he took the bracelet out of his pocket and said "Happy Birthday, dear." I was quite surprised and too shy to say anything at that moment. He looked at me gently and said "This bracelet replaces me when I am not here with you. And if you miss me, you can look at it as if you are looking at me." Then, we both smiled blissfully.
Sometimes, I look at my bracelet in a daze, because it reminds me of the old days I have spent with my boyfriend. We encountered in September 2014, and we established our relationship in June 2015. From the very beginning, we didn't have much communication. Our relationship didn't improve until we sat closely.Since then, we started talking about something interesting. Before long, I found he was a really nice person, and some bright points of him attracted me tightly.Although we can't meet frequently, we still insist on our relationship. From time to time, we quarrel and complain about each other. In fact, we start to talk about the problems between us, because we know that communication is the best way to solve problems.
The bracelet makes me feel warm and blessed, and it makes me stronger than when I hadn't met my boyfriend. It cheers me out when I am upset, and when I am happy, it makes me happier. I think that is the power of love.
                                                                                                                                                    Christine.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Emily! You don't have to share the emails with me--I totally understand. Your Chinese counterparts are so lucky to have you. You are a great writer and a friendly support for them.

    ReplyDelete