Tuesday, February 16, 2016

4 Tidbits of Wisdom


- "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening," Robert Frost

I'm not exactly sure why I like this quote. I like poetry, but I've never been the biggest fan of it, and often struggle to understand the deeper meaning of it. Perhaps because I relate to the fact that, even though this seems like a good place to stop or pause and survey the scenery, the traveler has much more to accomplish before they can do that.


- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling

I'm a troublemaker. Or perhaps more of a trouble magnet. Take your pick.


- Save Rock and Roll, Fall Out Boy ft. Elton John

If you've listened to even one Fall Out Boy song, or just read the lyrics on any lyric website, you'd realize what a great lyricist Pete Wentz is. Their songs have the best quotes to be derived from them. This is one of my favorites, because it is saying to remember that you shouldn't be defined by what or who loves you back, but rather by what or who you personally love. 


- Unknown

I don't know what this is from, I just found it while searching through the Internet for blog-worthy quote pictures. But I think it kind of brings back the idea of how stories can be passed down from generation to generation, or how even when written words have the capability of being destroyed, the spoken ones will always be there. 

Author's Note:
I'm sure you're wondering why there's just four, and, well, that's only because I wanted to pick four.




1 comment:

  1. I have loved that Frost poem since we sang it as a song in one of my middle school choir classes. One of my professors in grad school did a big analysis in his class and made it all about not being ready for death, but I've always liked thinking of it more for the face value of a beautiful, snowy scene and, like you said, pausing to enjoy it but also having plans that keep you going.

    ReplyDelete