Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Forward to the Future


  • One of the many interesting ideas presented to us on Tuesday was the design process and how they consider different options and texts for their covers, and other photographs as well. Another one is how many photos they can take before they get the "right" one, and then how much editing that photo goes through until it's an advertisement photo or cover one. The last one is perhaps how they can track your computer's IP address if you visit a page to consider buying tickets, and they can send you a reminder to buy them. 
  • A question I have is can they track your IP address with all of their social media sites, or just the one to buy tickets from? 
  • A specific magazine I'd consider working for would be National Geographic, but I think for that magazine I'd be more interested in the photography aspect of it and being able to travel from place to place and see so many different things. 
  • Oh, the places you'll be... 
a) 1 Year: I'd like to be in college, finishing up my freshman year at the University of Missouri and hopefully haven't changed majors or minors and be happy with who I am and still be in a healthy, and, unfortunately, long distance relationship with Kyle Brown. I'd also like to be somewhat started in creating YouTube videos for the public.
b) 5 Years: Successfully graduated from college with my bachelor's degree, and hopefully have a job, and if I don't, at least be looking for prospective ones. I won't have a lot of college debt, and still be in a relationship with Kyle. I'll be somewhat successful, and be happy with my life. I'll be excited to continue college for a master's degree in animal science. I'll be in the editing process of my book, hopefully. Perhaps written under a pseudonym.
c) 10 Years: Hopefully my book will be published and be successful. I'll be married with Kyle, and have a good job, and he will be happy too and have a job he likes. We'll have dogs and I'll get to work with animals every day and keep up with writing every day.
d) 50 Years: I'm not sure how to predict what times will be like in 50 years. By then we could figure out cryogenics or a cure for most fatal diseases, or the zombie apocalypse could happen. But I'd like to be a mother, perhaps, with a grandkid or two. I will have accomplished a lot in my lifetime, and still be married happily to the love of my life. We'll be living together in our house in the evergreens, curled up next to a warm, crackling fire place, our dogs at our feet and watching Harry Potter reruns.

1 comment:

  1. What a life you've planned for yourself...very nice. I like the last bit about being happy with "dogs at our feet and watching Harry Potter reruns." Sounds idyllic.

    ReplyDelete