Friday, April 1, 2016

"Dan in Real Life" Responses

2. What are 3 tips you would give parents of teenagers?
Here's three pieces of advice I would give to parents of teenagers:
1) We will get stressed, and sometimes we need days to relax or catch up or just need mental health days. Give your teenagers a couple days a month, if they need it, to just take a break from school. Good attendance isn't everything.
2) Strict parents make for sneaky teenagers. I realize that there's a certain extent that you want to be involved, or are worried about your kid, but that's really no reason to invade their privacy. Although, privacy is a privilege, and can be taken away if needed, most kids have earned it.
3) My boyfriend and I like to use a phrase called "baby-birding it." It's pretty much that, even though it's a new situation, you sometimes just have to throw yourself out of the nest and spread your wings, and take flight. You can't hold your child's hand throughout their entire lives. Sometimes you just have to let go and let them handle some things on their own.

9. What makes someone a "hottie" to you?
For me, a hottie would be someone who is not only physically attractive, but mentally as well. They have to be able to keep my attention, since I can be very scatterbrained, and be able to keep up with me. They have to be understanding and have an open mind. There's more to life than just physical, though appearance plays large parts in today's society.

11. Where was your best hiding spot as a kid playing Hide and Seek?
I've always been small, so I was a really small kid. Keeping that in mind, I could hide in cabinets, so those were popular, but I also hid under some blankets in a basket, and sometimes the behind the shower curtain.

12. Dan and Marie aren't supposed to fall in love. Is illicit love more appealing to us?
I think to an extent, yes, illicit love is more appealing to some, but not to all. There's a phrase that goes along the lines of, "The heart wants what it cannot have." The desire and jealousy of wanting something you cannot have makes for stronger feelings. But for some, knowing that you already have something is enough and that's all you could ever wish for.

18. What are some good pick up lines you've heard?
Oh, boy. Being the girlfriend of a boy who loves puns, I've heard quite a few. But I love it.
"Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only ten I see."
"Do you know what this shirt is made of? Boyfriend material."
"Are you a parking ticket? Because you've got fine written all over you."

20. Do you think asking questions makes you a good conversationalist?
Yes, I do, because not only do you find out more information to discuss, but it also makes you seem interested in the conversation, and you don't learn anything if you don't ask.

21. Does your family do large gatherings with interesting sleeping arrangements and lots of activities like Dan's?
Nope. I don't think I've ever had my family together all in one place. We have a pretty small family, since I only have one aunt with kids, and both of my grandfathers are deceased. I'd like to do things with family, but I guess it's just not meant to be.

29. Where would you like to have a vacation or getaway home like the one Dan's family has? What would the place be like?
I would love to have something like that, and I'd like to be by a lake, maybe in Colorado. It'd be big and kind of old; a house with personality. It'd have enough space to be around family without it being too overbearing and hanging over each other's shoulders. There'd be lots to do, and woods to explore nearby, and kayaking on the lake, and a little thing in the middle to jump off of.

30. Are you a good bowler?
I am a horrid bowler, but I still like to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment