Monday, April 18, 2016

Robotic Thoughts

DAY 346 ON (STUPID) MARS
I don't know how I'm able to keep track of the days anymore. They're all blurring together. And Mar's days are longer than Earth's, so I'm lucky to have an internal clock built in so I can keep track. I'm so lonely. My mission is to take photos of the landscape on the planet Mars, the angry little red planet next to Earth. And by "next to," I mean 54.6 million kilometers. I am 54.6 million kilometers from any human, though the humans can see what I see through my camera. I wish those geniuses had been smart enough to send me with a companion, another little robot to talk with, to even argue with. Just some contact to keep me sane and not be driven to madness by endless red and orange dust and rocks. I'd even welcome a little Martian dude or something. But there's no life on this planet. Not that I've noticed, but I can't really venture off, being a robot and all.
Day in and day out are filled with photos of stupid rocks and pebbles, maybe the occasional large stone. This planet is so plain and boring, with nothing to offer. No creatures of any sort except for me.
You know what? I've got this camera. Perhaps I'll use it for something else. But how? Maybe I can take a picture of something else, but what? Oh, I know! I should take a photo of myself. The boys back home will love that. Who else can say they took a selfie on Mars?

No comments:

Post a Comment